As we approach re-registration, many are beginning to get nervous about the In Person Continuing Education necessary for re-registration. While we don't advise that you wait until the last few months, there are still plenty of good options to choose from. If you are one that is looking, you might wish to review these options:
1. Visit www.NABWEB.org and click on "continuing Ed." in the gray banner. On the left side of the screen, click on "NAB Approved CE Database" . Choose "In Person" under Program Type on the left column and then choose the state where you would like to search and a "Site Start Date" for the meeting. If you locate a meeting that sounds interesting, you may click on the "More Details" link under the meeting summary. This will let you know the meeting date, Contact Information and the number of hours you receive for attending.
2. Visit www.LNHA.org and check their calendar for convention and meeting information.
3. In May or June, LABENFA will provide a continuing education seminar. The meeting is usually held in the Alexandria area. For more information on this date, either give us a call at the office or monitor the news section.
4. There are several other groups that provide conventions each year. For instance, LEADER and Leading Age Gulf States provide great continuing education opportunities.
5. Some areas provide monthly Lunch and Learn meetings where you may receive one hour CE.
If you have questions about other options in your area, please feel free to call us. Happy hunting and best wishes on finding courses that interest and assist you in doing your job.